Thursday, July 14, 2011

A List. And a dinner plan.

1.)  Forgive my absence since my last post; due to the nature of my last post, you might have guessed that I was trying to regain peace and balance and sanity.  If you guessed this, you were right!

2.)  I did a non-frugal thing and bought some Vibram FiveFingers.  They were more expensive than probably the past 3 pairs of shoes I've bought combined, but they are AWESOME!

3.)  Our garden is really flourishing and I love it.  We've already harvested lettuce, green beans, a few zucchini, basil, green onions, and spinach.  There are lots of little green tomatoes out there too!

4.)  In my last post I wrote about Liam now crawling and getting into EVERYTHING.  We went out and bought one of those baby gate play yards, and it's possibly one of the greatest inventions ever.

5.)  If you like to sew like me and have a little boy, check this out: 25 things to make for a baby boy.  It's refreshing to see this after seeing countless dress/frilly/girly tutorials on the web!

6.)  I've also written about doing the Supreme 90 Day workout before.  Overall, I'm very pleased with this system, and for only 20 bucks, you really can't go wrong.  I'm on day 21, and it really does produce results.  However, I'm looking to really lose weight, and thought I've lost inches, the scale hasn't budged. at. all.  Frustrating, given how hard I'm working, but I do feel stronger and more in shape.  So I decided to do another fairly non-frugal thing, and I ordered Insanity.  I actually did get a pretty good deal though...I bought it used on Amazon and had about $45 in Amazon gift cards from using Swagbucks, so I only paid about $40.  (Compared to almost $150 brand-new).  It's going to be hard, but I'm excited to put forth the effort to see results!

7.)  Is anyone else a little angry with Netflix for raising their prices?!?  We now pay $9.99 per month for unlimited streaming of TV shows/movies on the Wii and unlimited DVD rental (1 disc at a time).  In order to keep it that way, we'd now have to pay $15.98.  Still cheaper than cable, but irritating.

8.)  Happy Bastille Day!

9.)  Here's our dinner menu this week (week of 7/10):

Monday: Pasta with red sauce, steamed peas
TuesdayBeef with Peppers, rice
Wednesday:  BBQ chicken in the crock pot (easiest thing ever.  Put chicken in the crock pot, cover with BBQ sauce.  Cook on low for 5-6 hours.), corn on the cob, baked potatoes
Thursday:  Swedish meatballs (from the freezer), mashed potatoes, sauteed zucchini and onions
Friday:  Homemade pizza
Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  Shredded Chicken Sandwiches (a NW Ohio specialty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment