Saturday, July 30, 2011

ZUCCHINI!

Wow, my last post was a long time ago.  I'm still here!  This summer has been wayyy more busy than I ever anticipated it to be.  Anyway, we had a WONDERFUL time at my brother's wedding last weekend...it was so special and the wedding, along with all the details involved, was beautiful. 

While we had been harvesting a couple zucchini, green beans, green onions, and lettuce from our garden before we left, we came back to the LAND OF THE GIANT ZUCCHINI.  I'm estimating that, in total, we've picked over a dozen zucchini that are all the size of a burly man's forearm.  That's a lot of squash!  I've been working really hard to use it all up or give it away, and have tried some wonderful recipes in the process.  Here are some of them, for those of you who are in the same boat as us...and if you don't have a garden, zucchini are really cheap in the grocery stores right now, so try some of these out!

-Zucchini Quiche.  I discovered this last summer when I was pregnant, and made a couple to put in the freezer for postpartum meals.  It's definitely a keeper!

-Zucchini Bread.  I've tried a lot of zucchini bread recipes, and this is by far the yummiest.

-Stuffed Zucchini Boats.  I didn't follow this recipe exactly, but this is the general idea.  The other day I made it Mexican-style with taco meat, beans, salsa, and cheddar....also good.  A tasty low-carb meal!

-Zucchini Carpaccio Salad.  (Side note: if you haven't discovered the Smitten Kitchen blog yet, you can thank me now.)  I haven't made this yet, but plan to this week!

-Whole Wheat Zucchini Chocolate Cake.  I actually made this for a birthday cake a couple years ago.  It is (perhaps surprisingly) delicious!

-Vegetable Lasagna.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment