Saturday, April 16, 2011

This weekend....

If this weekend goes as planned, I'll have part of our garden planted by Sunday night.  Gardening is something I've really grown to love in the past couple of years (even last summer when I was huge and pregnant and couldn't bend over to pick out weeds!) and this year I've decided to expand and grow some things I haven't tried before.  We have to be a little creative, though, as we rent our home and the only place we can use as a garden is an old flower bed we ripped out when we moved in...and we can't dig up any more of the yard.  So, I'm resorting to lots and lots of pots and planters, as well as some other possible ideas....pictures to come!  Here's what I'm planning on so far:

-Tomatoes (a couple of varieties)
-Zucchini
-Peppers
-Carrots
-Green onions
-Spinach
-Lettuce
-Wax and green beans
-peas
-herbs: mint, basil, rosemary, parsley

...and I'm still not ruling out others!  My goal for this weekend was to get some of the early stuff (lettuce, spinach, carrots, etc) planted in pots.  We'll see if that happens...the weather is not so great today.  But I'm hopeful!  And very excited to have a break from frozen vegetables.  I also received canning supplies for Christmas this year, so I'm excited to dive head-over-heels into that. 

I've been wanting to share a great post I found this week on one of my favorite blogs--we've been trying to reduce/eliminate lots of disposable products in our home (more on what we use/don't use to come), and though I already use a couple from this list, it still gives some great ideas on things you wouldn't expect:

SQC: 7 Unexpected Ways to Replace Disposable Products

No comments:

Post a Comment