Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome!

Since May of 2009, I have had many huge life-changing events take place: I got engaged (May '09), moved into my own apartment (July '09), got married (Nov. '09), found out I was pregnant with our first child (Jan. '10), moved AGAIN (June '10), and gave birth to our precious Liam (Sept. '10).  All the while, I went through many confusing job interview/let-down scenarios, and finally realized that God was calling me to give up the fervent search for a full-time job and stay home with little man instead, working 15 hours part-time on the side.  Whew!  It's been a whirlwind, and it hasn't even been 2 years yet since this all began.  Yet, I wouldn't give up any of it for a second...everything happened exactly as it should have.

Along the way, I have learned many lessons from the simultaneous increase in expenses/gradual cut in our family's income--and these lessons have changed our whole outlook for the better.  As I have learned a great deal about maintaining a frugal home from reading other blogs, researching endlessly, and thinking outside the box; it is my hope that I can bless someone else with some great money-savers, tips, and creative outlets for the home.  I firmly believe that, with an open mind, ANYONE can drastically lower their expenses and still enjoy great food, small luxuries, and a fabulous home. 

I also want this to be a sounding board for others out there who may be in a similar situation and have other great ideas to share--so if you have a great tip or idea, please let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment