Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dinner (Supper) Menu: week of 5/30

I am continually reminded (most recently, when we were in Ohio visiting my family for a long Memorial Day weekend-good times!) that I was raised in the land of 'breakfast, dinner, and supper.'  As in, breakfast is breakfast (I don't think that's ever anything else, anywhere) dinner is eaten around noon, and supper is eaten in the evening.  I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the way I conformed to the ways of the 'city people,' who eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

Anyway, as a way to keep myself accountable to sticking to regular meal-planning, I'm going to post our dinner/supper menu for each week, because whenever I don't I end up going over budget at the store.  Breakfast around here is usually oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, cereal, toast, or muffins/waffles if I've had some extra time.  On the rare occasion when Rob and I are both at home for breakfast, I'll make eggs or omelets.  Regardless, I'm not including breakfast in the meal plans, nor lunch--which is usually leftovers or a sandwich for Rob, and leftovers, eggs, a sandwich, or a smoothie for me. 

So, here we go.  Whee.

Monday:  Last day of our long weekend at my parents'

Tuesday:  Cookout with our small group

Wednesday:  Lemon Pepper Chicken and Green Beans, cut-up oranges, salad (from our garden), and Strawberry Summer Cake (this is in the oven right now, and smells SO GOOD!)

Thursday:  Burritos (killing 2 birds with one stone--making some for the freezer), rice, frozen vegetables, fruit

Friday:  Homemade pizza

Saturday: Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Salad, veggies and flatbread with homemade hummus (this will probably be lunch since I'm working around dinnertime)

Sunday:  Meatballs from freezer and whole wheat penne with red sauce

Anybody else having something yummy this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment