Friday, June 24, 2011

Dinner/Supper: Week of 6/20

Sorry this is so late--the week is almost over!  Yikes.  We had a great vacation, and though Rob came back last Sunday, I actually ended up staying in Ohio till Wednesday.  A couple of things came up, and it was nice to have an unexpected couple of days.  So, we didn't have much of a shopping trip/dinner menu this week.  Rob went to Aldi when he got back and proudly reported to me that he spent $26.36.  Love him!  I don't have the receipt to list all the items, but it was lots of basics like fruit, milk, cereal, etc.  The stuff we didn't buy for awhile before we left.  Then yesterday I spent $4.98 on a rotisserie chicken, and bought some baby food.  So we still came in under budget.  Anyway, here's this week's menu, Wednesday-Sunday.

Wednesday:  Taco Salad/Haystacks (I don't really know what to call this...you crunch up a bunch of tortilla chips and pile all the taco fillings on top)

Thursday:  Rotisserie chicken, wild rice, corn

Friday:  Skillet chicken, broccoli and penne  (this is one of our new favorite recipes!  I'm using leftover chicken from Thursday)

Saturday:  Leftovers or homemade waffles (Liam and I will be spending most of the day in the car attending a wedding while Rob's at work, so I doubt that we will even get to have a meal together)

Sunday:  I don't have a plan yet.  Hopefully some sort of a belated family dinner to celebrate my in-laws' anniversary.  Which I knew was this week, and even talked to them on that day, but didn't have my days of the week straight enough to put the date with the day.  Fail.  I'm losing my mind.  Happy anniversary anyway, Mom and Dad Barone, if you read this!!


I have lots of things to post this coming week--I went overboard in the sewing/crocheting/knitting categories while on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment